So, I'm getting serious. Time to potty train and get this done. I've dedicated today, tomorrow and Friday to a serious potty training time and then we will have the weekend to hopefully finish it up. I'm warning you that this post is kind of gross because it gives you the details of poop and tee-tee.
Day 1 has looked like this:
By the time I changed his diaper this morning, he was already wet and had pooped. I had planned to be awake before him so as soon as I saw him stirring, I could take him straight to the potty. But, Grace woke up at 12:30 and 5:30 and I was tired.
9:40 - I put him on the potty and he tee-teed. Put on underwear. Washed hands. Got potty treat. Already had a juice box at breakfast.
10:00 - Had an accident; put him back on potty and he tee-teed. Washed hands. Got another potty treat. But, one pair of underwear is down. Gave him a juice box.
10:16 - I put him on the potty for 15 minutes, read books, and he tee-teed. Washed hands. Got another potty treat.
11:05 - I put him on the potty and he tee-teed. More hand washing. And yes - another potty treat.
11:35 - I put him on the potty. Nothing happened. Washed hands.
12:10 - He started talking about pooping. I asked him if he needed to potty and he said yes! Got to the potty to find he had a tee-tee accident. We sat on potty for 20 minutes. No tee-tee. No poop. Another pair of underwear down. Washed hands. Had a slight meltdown when he didn't get a potty treat.
12:45 - Ate lunch. Gave him another juice box.
1:30 - Put him on the potty and he tee-teed. Took us 15 minutes while we read books. Washed hands.
2:05 - Put him in his room for a nap.
2:10 - He came out of his room and said he needed to potty. Realized he'd had a tee-tee accident. Sat on potty for 5 minutes but no more tee-tee. Washed hands. Back to room and he showed me the puddle soaked into the carpet where he had his accident. Soaked it up. Put him back to bed.
2:20 - He was asleep.
4:45 - He woke up dry! As soon as I saw him awake on the monitor, I took him straight to the potty. He tee-teed. Washed his hands. Got a potty treat.
5:35 - I thought he was trying to poop so I put him on the potty. We sat for 15 minutes. No poop or tee-tee. Washed hands.
6:45 - Had a tee-tee accident. Sat on potty and tee-teed again. Washed hands. Got potty treat. Put on new underwear.
7:40 - Had a tee-tee accident. Sat on potty and tee-teed again. Washed hands. Got potty treat. Put on new underwear.
8:10 - Bath. I'm sure he tee-teed in the tub.
8:50 - Had an accident. Sat on potty, tee-teed. Washed hands. Potty treat. New pair of underwear and pajamas.
9:10 - asleep in his underwear - NO diaper. We'll see how the night goes!
Things I've realized today:
1. We are going to need more soap.
2. He is not telling me he needs to tee-tee which was what I wanted to see after his nap. Therefore, I didn't put him on the potty, but instead waited for him to tell me he needed to go. Clearly, with three accidents this evening, he is not telling me. Something to work on for day 2.
3. Except the one small meltdown over no potty treat when he didn't use the restroom, he was SO good today and even took a good nap! So, focusing on going to the potty kept him from misbehaving.
4. At least 100 times today, I said the following "Atticus do you need to tee-tee? Do you need to poop?" And his usual response was "Attis don't have any poop" or "Attis don't have any tee-tee" or "Yay!" throwing his fists into the air when he would tee-tee on the potty.
All in all not a terrible day, but also not terribly successful. Read to start day 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment