Friday, April 18, 2014

2014 Wildflower pictures

When I was growing up, I never recall our family going to take pictures with bluebonnets. I do not know if we just didn't have many around or if it just really wasn't a big deal to my parents. And, really when I think about it, I don't know why it is a big deal period. I know they only come around once a year and I know they are really pretty and when you find a field full of bluebonnets or wildflowers, you want to capture that picturesque moment. But, I think it's funny that I have never cared about them at all....until I had kids of my own. We took Atticus in 2012, when he was about 1 for pictures on the side of the road on William D. Fitch in College Station. That is where I learned that up close, the flowers are not near as fun because they are all spread out and it's hard to find that perfect spot to put your child. Also, you just about have to put them on a blanket because there are ants and sticks and other less than comfortable grassy areas for your child to sit on. So, why do people do this? I really have no idea. But, while I skipped last year because Grace was just born and I didn't have the time, I decided again this year that we must have them taken. THe good thing about this year is that a retired department head at TAMU, (and actually our friend Katherine's dad) took a big plot of grass by the AgriLife buildings that Vic works in and planted lots of wildflowers. So, when they grew, we decided that was the easiest way to try to take them. The event itself was still not as easy, but I didn't have to worry about rough terrain and since both kids can walk, it was easier to take their picture. Atticus was not in a mood to listen much, but we did get a few pictures. And the best part was that we met Vic in his office about 11:30 to see him and then at noon, we took pictures and he took the rest of Good Friday off to have a long weekend! Here are the pictures below!
 Check out that hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment