Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Playing Catchup: Preschool Starting

Atticus and Grace both started preschool at Sonshine School this year. In September, we met their teachers (Mrs. Courtney and Mrs. Elizabeth) and the year began. Grace did a great job all fall of progressing every day to not crying and to going in on her own. She almost always (and still does a little) cries or acts sad when I leave her, but always is happy when I pick her up and sometimes by the time I walk back down the hall, she is content. We love Mrs. Elizabeth, her teacher, and Grace, just now (in January), loves to talk about her "fiends" Emmy, Tay, Cwosby, and Wyder and her teacher "Miss Thuh-Thuh". She enjoys every day and is happy to be there. Atticus, is so different from last year. I know he enjoyed his days last year, but this year, he never hesitates to go into the class and loves the activities and I can tell he is soaking up things like letters and numbers that he has never been quite as interested in before. He's always liked counting and he liked spelling his name, but otherwise, he has not, until the last couple of weeks, been interested in writing letters and spelling things and doing things with letters. I've been so proud of him and so anxious for Kindergarten and all he will get to do there. We also really enjoy Mrs. Courtney, but I think all of those 4 and 5 year olds must be a tough group! They are the "big kids" as Atticus says and they know it! So, here we are with a flashback to September when they went to Meet the Teacher and then their first day of school. Although I'm not sure I will put Grace in next year (I only did it this year at this age to help with her speech), since we will have the new baby and Atticus will be in Kindergarten, we are very happy with Sonshine School and the wonderful staff and teachers who love the kids so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment