After an hour of play, we sang happy birthday to him, cut his Star Wars cookie cake, and served them snacks, light sabers (pretzel rods with chocolate) and apple juice. Atticus opened up some fabulous presents and then they kept playing! And at the end, right at 4:30, we passed out, what I thought was so fun...inflatable light sabers and star wars masks, for their favors. In my head, it was more fun to pass out inflated light sabers instead of the folded up piece of plastic. Well, I wasn't thinking about 11 little boys and their immediate reactions to having light sabers. Of course, it was time to battle one another! It became crazy quick! Part of me laughed and the other part of me just apologized to the staff! haha! I am glad we didn't knock any giant Lego creations off of shelves or ruin anything! After that, people left and we cleaned up, and Atticus was SOOO very tired. But, it was such a fun party for him and I know he had a great time. And, I know he will want to come back soon for classes or camps! Here are some photos!
Here he is, ready for his party! I loved that he had to wear his birthday hat that Mrs. Downs gave him at school the day before to his party!
I love taking a picture of each of our kids on their birthday with us and their cake. It's one of my most cherished photos each year. We took it before anyone arrived and I'm glad we did!And here is a close-up of the cake. You know I love to pipe icing into a design for a cake. So, I baked a cookie cake and found a picture on Pinterest and did the best I could. I was so glad I could give him a storm trooper birthday cake!
Our snacks were white cheddar popcorn, giant marshmallows and Star Wars Cheez-its; all of Atticus's current favorite snacks! And Vic made the light sabers! He dipped pretzel rods into colored chocolate and sprinkled them with sprinkles! I was running out of time, so as always, he picks up the slack! So cute! The photos below are to give you an idea of how the room is setup.
The first thing they did was make their minifigures.
Here are two of my favorite mama friends..Megan and Meghan! Their friendship is so important to me!
So, after minifig's, they were given instructions and away they went to play!
This ramp was such a hit! Some boys never even left it to do anything else! They could build their cars and roll them down and race one another! In the second photo, you can see the big ramp and in the third photo, you can see a bunch of boys at the bottom waiting for people to run their cars down the ramp!
I was skeptical of the kids building anything motorized because I thought it might be too hard. But, no! These kids are so smart! I didn't get any pictures, but they built this tall structure that held their little mini-figure people and spun them around when you turned it on and off. It was a hit!
Everly was so great...she is my best child! :) (I'm sure Atticus and Grace will love that if they ever read this! haha!) She stayed in her stroller, then let Megan and Kelly carry her for awhile and then ate snacks and played with a car with GG while cruising the bench the rest of the time.
Then, it was cake time! 6 candles for our big 6 year old boy!
GG put Everly on the bench for singing to Atticus and boy did she want a bite of that cake! I loved hearing everyone sing to our special boy! It was my favorite part!
Then, he tried to blow out the candles!
And tried again!
And again!
And then he decided to use his plate to wave over the candles until they went out. I don't know why it was so hilarious but they laughed and laughed!
Atticus, Charlie, Rudi & Sammy
Brody, Greer, and John
Olivia and Ellie
Ellie & Luc
Cole, Atticus & Greer
Nathan and Megan
Lizzy & Grace; And Lizzy is the sweetest. And her mom is the sweetest and I hope I can raise my girls to be little ladies like Meghan does with her girls! Vic has said a couple of different times, after hearing Lizzy talk and interact with little kids, that "she is a little Meghan"! And she is!
I love this photo of Atticus & Luc, because although my picture didn't capture it, they were already fighting with their chocolate light sabers!
Present time! Oh my did he get fun presents! He got an art bucket full of art supplies, a marble run, Magformers, a Star Wars alarm clock, a big dinosaur Lego and Uno card game, a big Star Wars Stormtrooper lego, a Wild Kratts dress up costume, swim shoes and goggles, an Imaginext dinosaur and these super cool reusable water balloons!
I love this group photo! These kids were so fun! We had in attendance: Charlie (from his class), Greer (class and T-ball team), Ellie & Luc (nextdoor neighbors and Luc is also in Kindergarten at PCE), Brody (in Kinder at PCE and on his T-ball team), John & Sammy (John is in his class and Sammy is his older brother who is in 2nd grade; well when Atticus was making his list, he said he really wanted Sammy to come too because he is in 2nd grade! ha!), Cole & Nathan (long time friends), Rudi (from Kinder at PCE and went to our church), Lizzy & Lane (long time friends), Olivia (our sweet little friend to Atticus & Grace) and our other Ellie, next to Grace, is Greer's sister and Grace's best T-ball buddy during games!
So, I thought I found the most fun party favors for the kids; star wars masks and inflatable light sabers. And for the girls, Grace picked out some girly items. Well those fabulous light sabers looked like this below...
I loved the masks and sabers! So fun! But, it took all of 3 seconds for a bunch of 6 year old boys to go nuts with those sabers. I was a little worried for the Lego place...I was picturing display Legos crashing to the ground. But, it was great and no Legos were destroyed!
Oh hello perfect baby Everly who just loves life and goes with the flow for every single thing your brother and sister do. They will owe you big one day!
HI Chewbacca...I mean Atticus!
Our sweet family photo with some very tired, but very happy kids!

That party looks like so much fun! My boys love a good light saber! Sweet memories! Have a great Monday!!
ReplyDeleteThat Inspired Chick
Oh my goodness!! I just saw this and thank you!!! It was so much fun!!!
Delete