Day 1: First, the Seidel's came in for a visit. We were not expecting them until the following day, but they arrived in College Station and came to visit us for a little while.
Then, the moment we had been waiting for finally arrived! Vic headed out, when his parents left, to get GG and the kids to come meet Hazel. It had been a long day for them to wait. But, due to it being after lunch before we got into a room and then Everly needing a nap and then the Seidels coming, we could not get to the kids until after 6pm that night! So when they arrived, I was full of tears and emotional. Atticus and Grace were SO excited to see the baby and Everly was interested, but really loved running around the room more! ha! Atticus wanted to hold Hazel immediately and they all loved her name! Grace was more hesitant to hold her - just a little nervous on this first day. I can't tell you how fun it was so see them all check her out and love her immediately.
I think the tears were excitement to finally get the kids here but also because I felt like every moment was "our last" because this was our last baby to bring home. So, every moment was so important!
It took him no time at all to ask to hold Hazel.
GG finally got her hands on Hazel too!
There's really nothing more fun than checking out the hospital room! Grace snuggled up in my bed; Everly climbed up and down off of the couch for awhile; they ate all the snacks we had in the room; they went to the bathroom; they found a way to play Hide and Seek where Grace actually found hiding spots and one spot was in a cabinet (she actually fit!)
Everly was not into Hazel much at this point, and when she found Disney on Vic's phone, she was officially in her own world. But, it was still so special to have them come meet their new little sister! Oh and even funnier, when it was time to go home, Atticus and Grace BOTH wanted to stay the night. Atticus, especially, told me he wanted to stay and help me. I'm not sure he would have been much help come about midnight, but it was a nice thought!
For Friday night, Vic stayed the night with me. I was in bed and not really feeling any major pain; those drugs are good! I was noticing a little pain when nursing, but waiting to see how it would go. I was on a liquid diet until about 10pm that night when I thought I could handle real food and thank goodness I could because I was starving! I ate the most delicious subway sandwich - that tends to be my first meal after every delivery. The nurses bathed her and did the normal checks while I was stuck in bed. During the night, we sent Hazel back to the nursery in between feedings so we could get a little sleep. It was a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment