Thursday, September 6, 2018

Hazel is One Month Old!

I can't believe Hazel is already One Month Old!
Here are some facts about her:

  • At her 2 week checkup, she weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long.
  • She is still in newborn size diapers.
  • She is still in newborn size clothes.
  • She is sleeping fairly good at night, averaging 5 1/2 hours before waking up to eat. Then, she usually goes back to sleep for another 3 hours. She has her days and nights down, but starts her nights around 11pm or so before she is asleep for that long stretch.
  • She doesn't spit-up (just a few little times).
  • She is still nursing great, and I have NO pain. 
  • She doesn't have any bad stomach aches, although when we wonder if she might, we give her gas drops and she mostly just seems to like the taste.
  • She really likes baths.
  • She is starting to hold her head up and be more alert.
  • She outgrew the teeny-tiny newborn stage at about 3 weeks. Oh I love that stage where they sleep so soundly in a little ball on my chest. While she will still be little for awhile and still snuggle up, there is something about that itty-bitty, fresh out of the womb, baby stage that I will always cherish with my babies.
  • She has a red birthmark on the back of her neck and little birthmark spots up into her scalp.
  • She has no patience and gets SO mad that sometimes, if I can't get to her right away, she will scream and scream until it seems like she can't breathe and when I pick her up, she is sweating.
  • She rotates between my arms, the bassinet, and the rock and play for sleeping.
  • We do not have a good schedule yet. I'm figuring out her routine right now. She wants to wake, eat, hang out, doze, wake, eat, doze some more until she falls into a good nap again. It's the best life! With school, however, she has to go into her carseat for pickup and sometimes that messes with her good, long naps. However, soon I hope to have her down for a nap by 12pm so she can get that 3 hours in before school pickup.
  • She does NOT like being in her carseat.
  • She does not like taking a paci yet. I love paci's so I am still working on it.
  • Otherwise, she is just a perfect addition to our family; she is loved by all of her siblings. Everly just tells her "shhh" and tries to rock her; Atticus wants to hold her all of the time and with my supervision, can hold her against his chest as well, and constantly says "she's just growing up so fast"; and Grace washes her hands 27 times a day just so she can touch Hazel. Grace also likes to plan future girls trips for us girls. She even thinks Hazel would like New York City.
Things I will miss about this stage:
  • The constant sleeping and snuggles. When you are so tired, it can be so nice to know that as soon as a little one eats, they will go right back to sleep. It lasts longer than this month, but I will miss that constant "let's both just snuggle up and sleep" whenever we want to. 
  • The newborn clothes that both Everly and Grace have also worn.
  • The hospital stay and meeting a new member of our family. 
Things we have used during this stage with our babies:
So, I want to write a few of these things down because 30 years from now, I think it might be interesting to see what has changed with my grand babies, and what brands we used!
  • We use a bassinet and borrow a rock and play for sleeping.
  • Aiden and Anais swaddling blankets. I'm a pro at swaddling them and love these stretchy, soft blankets. I also love remembering each kid swaddled in them.
  • Johnson and Johnson or Aveeno bath and lotion products.
  • Desitin and Aquafor for diaper rash.
  • Pampers diapers and Huggies wipes.
  • Chicco carseat and stroller - we had to buy a new carseat because our other one expired at 6 years, but we are still using our same travel system stroller
  • A rocker - I LOVE my rocker and will never get rid of it. It is still just as comfortable as 7 1/2 years ago, when Atticus was born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment