Saturday, May 30, 2009

Battle of the Brains

So, my dad works at the Challenge School in Sanger and to raise money to buy Senior Rings for the Seniors this year, they held a contest called Battle of the Brains. It is a team contest of 2-5 people and you answer questions in categories as a team. I think there were 10 categories with 10 questions each. Everyone sits as teams in a room with large screens. One lady reads aloud the questions and they are posted on the large screens. You have about 40 seconds to answer each question and write down your answer. At the end of a category, your sheets are taken up to be judged. And, then whoever gets the most answers right, wins.

So, when I heard about this from Daddy, I decided to get a team together. I just knew I could count on my family to be a part of it and really wanted Tabatha. Well, Tabatha was in, but my family was either not available or helping with the contest, so the team started out as just me and Tabatha. I decided our Team Name would be the Wild Aggie Women - how fun is that? I got our t-shirts and made a super fun poster. Right before the contest my favorite aunt GG was able to come with my grandparents so we recruited her. AND she was wearing pink already, so it was practically meant to be. Then, throughout the contest, Melbo and Pa (my grandparents) become members of the team, because they knew lots of answers!

Now for the BAD NEWS: We got LAST PLACE. Those questions were SO hard. I mean, some of them were not bad, but we got about 30 right out of 100. I could not believe it. The last thing we wanted then, of course, was to give Aggies a bad name! Good thing beauty is just as important as brains, right Tabatha and Geeg? It was really fun and I am already ready for the fall contest. Our plan next time is to have some of the boys on our team also. Vic, Stormy and Charley would all be really good at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment