Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Our New Bank

Okay, so I promised a post on why we L.O.V.E. our new bank. First, some background: We have been with our former bank for awhile now (since the beginning of college) and while it has been great, it does not pay us anything to keep our money in it. Now, while in college, neither of us had much money, so this was not an issue. And, even after college due to paying for weddings, and getting started out on our own, we still did not have this issue. But, since we have gotten married and I, personally, now get to share in Vic's wealth, since his paycheck is much more than mine, we finally have a pretty good savings account that grows each month. So, low and behold, after receiving 31 cents on a nice sized savings account month after month, we decided we needed a major financial institution change.

Thus, we moved all our money to....wait for it....Brenham National Bank!

Top 10 reasons (short) why we love them:

10. From Brenham
9. Small-town atmosphere
8. Bonus Items
7. Convenient bill pay, online banking, etc.
6. Print debit cards in-house
5. Hometown picture of bluebonnets ON the debit card taken by hometown photographer
4. Our banker's name is Barbie
3. Trust
2. 4% Interest
1. FREE BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!

Top 10 reasons (with details) why we love them:

10. First, they are from Brenham and we love that cute adorable little town that we would actually go live in if it weren't such a commute to our jobs in College Station and that we could probably have a larger plot of land and bigger house for a much smaller price than what it would cost in College Station. And, I would have more room for my baby goats. And my baby humans.

9. They are truly a small-town bank. It's the kind of bank that we can bring "little Vic" and his brothers and sisters to and they will not only know them by name, but give them a sucker and they can sit in the bank president's chair while we visit with the bank president. It's that kind of small-town bank.

8. They gave us pens, cups, koozies (they must have seen Vic coming!), and this super fun red flashy light that I put on my key ring right away....and I don't put just any key ring on my keys!

7. The technical stuff: online banking, free bill pay, they pay all ATM fees, etc.

6. They printed our debit cards right there INSIDE the bank. You know how you have to wait for big bank's debit cards in the mail? Not at BNB. It was sort of a magical moment. One second they are writing down your name, the next second you have, in hand, your freshly printed debit card that you can start spending Vic's money from right away! I think it was still warm when they gave it to us.

5. Also, want to know what picture is on the debit card? A picture of bluebonnets from Brenham taken by a hometown photographer. Our personal banker, told us all about this photographer. I bet big banks are too snobby to know who shot the picture on their debit cards!

4. Barbie is the name of our personal banker. Barbie - now when was the last time you heard that name? Totally personable and friendly. She even gave us a notebook with dividers to keep our statements in. She may have even flirted with Vic, but Vic tends to think every girl is flirting with him, and to get into the details of that would take an entire new post...

3. They don't require thumbprints, multiple forms of ID, or your firstborn to do business with them.

2. Our interest rate is 4% on our checking account! In the last month, we already made money!

1. And, the Number 1 Reason we love them: You get FREE Blue Bell Ice Cream EVERY TIME you come into the bank! You just go to the freezer and pick out what you want. I bet you could even take an extra ice cream bar home with you and they would not even care! And, knowing Vic, since he can be a little tight when it comes to frivolous things like ice cream, he will probably only allow our children to have treats like that when we go to the bank...because it's free.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of bank!! That is more interest than my small town bank!! Glad yall finally moved on in the banking world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was finally glad to hear about this NEW BANK; I was at the edge of my seat! Now I am excited to hear about the cupcake!! Still Waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAH this might be my favorite post yet. I like how the technical section was the shortest. I bet vics version of this list would be differently distributed as far as length of sections goes. And the ice cream comment about Vic and your future baby humans is so true! I love ya'll even more after this post, if that's even possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me happy... Who wouldn't choose a bank because of free ice cream? Too bad banks in DC don't offer those kind of perks! Miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete