Friday, April 12, 2013

Duts and Taows and Tats

This past week we went to Sanger for a few days so Grace could meet Melbo, Pa and Pop. GG rode with us and then came back with us (and Molly came too) to get her car and head home. She has been with us for 4 weeks! We have loved it, but know she is exhausted and ready for a break. So, we were sad to see her go!

Back to the Sanger trip: During this trip, Atticus got to see "duts" (goats) and "taows" (cows) as well as the dog, "tat" (cat), and horse. He has not stopped talking about them since we got back. Daddy (Pop to Atticus and Grace) has 10 baby goats right now and a couple of bottle calves so we got to visit them and let Atticus see them. It's funny because Atticus becomes obsessed with the animals but is too scared to touch them or get too close. But, he wants to look all day and ask about them even when we are not there. Some of the highlights of Atticus' trip included walking through both pastures with Molly and learning to "much" (march); pushing the wagon with rocks in it up and down the driveway; looking everywhere for Bubba, the "tat" even though he didn't really want to be too near him; playing with Grandma's guitar and banjo; and getting to watch  movies on the DVD player we bought for the car so that Momma can have some peace while driving that long trip...

Side Note: During Christmas, GG wanted to buy Atticus a DVD player for the car, and I said I wasn't really ready for that and that I thought it was good for him to instead learn to ride in the car and read books and play with toys and not have to be watching something on DVD. Well, I have eaten my words and gotten this DVD player much sooner. We ONLY plan to let it go along on long trips to be watched, but it did help the trip go more smoothly since the trip was MUCH longer having to make a stop to feed Grace and change diapers.

Grace won't remember much about this trip, but she was loved on and held enough to be pleased.

Oh and this is where our lengthy cold's began. I think Atticus brought it home from school possibly a couple days before we left on our trip, but the Sunday night we got to Sanger, I felt bad and Grace was stopped up. It has continued on, but we are hoping it leaves soon. I took Grace to the dr. yesterday when we got back to have her checked out. They told me what I expected to hear: just a cold; should be gone in a couple of weeks. But, Atticus didn't get his first cold until 4 months when he went to daycare, so I was a little nervous with hers being at one month old. 

Happy Weekend!
Sarah




This is Melbo with Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment