Saturday, May 18, 2013

Grace: 2 months

Grace turned 2 months old this past Sunday, the 12th. These two months with Grace have gone by much more quickly than I remember Atticus' first 2 months going by. At 2 months, here is what Grace is up to:
  • Weighs 12 lbs. 9 oz and is 23 1/2 inches long at her 2 month appointment
  • Almost out of size one diapers; I'm making her finish off the last few before we move to size 2
  • Still in 0-3 month clothes, but maybe only for another week or so.
  • Floppy airways are getting better.
  • She is holding her head up very well when sitting on my lap or laying against my shoulder.
  • She is cooing and making noises when she plays in her rocker or in the pack and play.
  • She is really focusing on the mobiles on her pack and play, rocker, and swing. She can sit in those as long as 30-40 minutes just kicking, cooing, and looking at the animals.
  • She is sleeping 7-8 hours a night without waking up. If she does wake up, she is up for about 10 minutes for a quick snack and then falls right back to sleep.
  • She is still in the bassinet in our room.
  • We are still swaddling her, but let her legs stick out. She is getting so long!
  • She still dislikes being in her carseat until she is lulled to sleep in the car. She just screams as soon as I put her in it.
  • She has only been through 3 sermons at this point; she has acted MUCH better than Atticus. :)
  • She does not really spit-up on a regular basis. I feel like I do not use burp cloths as much as I did with Atticus.
  • She is already starting to drool a little.
  • She takes a pacifier. I plan to try to make myself break her of this before 6 months. But, goodness, it is nice to pop it in when she just needs that little comfort while I am tending to Atticus.
  • She really enjoys baths. She never cries and just relaxes in the tub.
  • While she sleeps in the bassinet, I can't help but sneak her in to snuggle sometimes. Whether it's an afternoon nap or just when she needs a little help getting back to sleep at night, she just nestles right in the crook of my arm. Vic doesn't even mind.
She really is what I would consider an "easy baby". She eats, sleeps, plays, and just seems content all the time. I do not have access to any of my pictures right now, but will post some as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment