Today, I want to share with you my favorite day of this past week. This day just happens to be today. Vic has been in Dallas since Wednesday and although he doesn't travel often, I always miss him. I knew his flight would be back mid afternoon and he planned to be here around 4:30. So, we had decided to have a fun pool evening and relax and eat an easy dinner.
I found a pulled pork crock pot recipe and started it up at 8am this morning. When Vic got home, Atticus and Grace were awaking from their 3 hour naps. We got everyone's pool clothes on and headed outside. Grace, just yesterday, wore her swimsuit and hat for the first time. ADORABLE. We visited, played in the sprinkler, sat in the pool, watched Atticus put every single outside toy he has into the swimming pool, pushed Atticus in the swing, got Grace's toes and legs wet, ate pulled pork, corn on the cob, and watermelon, and had a glorious relaxing evening. And, some of the best news yet...Atticus went "poop" on the potty! This is not something I will normally post, but this was a great feat! Then, after baths and clean-up, we sat in the living room and watched Madagascar, while I rocked Grace right to sleep. Even Atticus, who has been a toot to get settled down for bed this last week, was so tired, he just listened quietly to his books and let us tuck him in with no problem.
I'm not sure what made the evening so special and memorable. It was just fun having the four of us to play in the warm sun and sit on the back porch together eating and listening to Atticus talk and watching Grace grin and kick in her rocker. My heart beat with happiness and peace.
I do love my little family.
Happy Friday all!
Grandma & Pop love these!!!!!
ReplyDelete