So, this morning Atticus has been a toot. He throws his blanket on Grace; he jumps on the couch; he throws the pillows on the ground on top of Grace; he plays with his colored pencils sword fighting them (yes, he is sword fighting by himself) and gets wild almost hitting Grace. He bumps heads with her while being too wild after I told him to move away from her and it's the kind of bump that you can hear when their heads meet. I ask him to do something and he just looks at me and says no. It's just one of those mornings - he has already had a spanking and been warned too many times that he cannot go with Daddy to HEB if he doesn't behave. However, I really need him to go to HEB for awhile so I can re-gain some of my patience. On top of that, Grace has been sick, so if he looks at her wrong, she just starts crying. All in all, it's a normal terrible two kind of morning.
So, as he and Vic start to leave, with Vic knowing I need a few minutes of quiet, Vic dresses Atticus in his new adorable hat and says "tell Mommy bye and give her your cute eyes". Saying this, of course, he means to give me a cute look. But, first, Atticus squints his eyes and then walks to me and pretends to grab his eye and put it in mine. Then, he does the other eye very methodically as if he is trying to give me his eye. Laughing inside at how literal he is being, he then says "no mommy, those are Attis' eyes. Daddy - its not wukking". I just can't help but laugh at how serious he is being about giving me his eyes.
Then, they begin to walk out the door and Vic tells him to tell me bye. He says "Bye Mommy; Bye My Baby. I Yuv You Mommy. I Yuv my baby." And he looks adorable in his little hat while saying it.
Good grief - for all those frustrating moments, he can sure be endearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment