Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday weekend was really fun! I barely have any pictures to document it, but I want to remember it! Friday was my actual birthday. After a morning playdate at the park, my good friends Cecilia and Meghan took me to lunch at Wings N More which was a wonderful treat! The kids and I ran some errands and headed home and I even went to workout on my birthday when Elena, our babysitter arrived for one of her weekly sits. Then, the evening was dinner and gifts while we waited on Ana and Charley to arrive late into the night. Vic and the kids gave me some cool kitchen finds. One was this little bowl that holds your salt. Vic and I put salt in a big plastic container to grab pinches when cooking, but it's rather embarrassing to pull it out for guests. So, Vic found this little bowl with a spoon! So cute! Also, they got me these measuring cups in the shape of a Mason Jar. Ana had shown these to me on Pinterest and I loved them! But, they could only be purchased in the store. So, Vic headed that way a couple weeks before to find them and the World Market employees almost laughed when they said they can barely keep them in stock. Apparently, because of Pinterest, they have become really popular! But, Vic kept going back until he found them on the shelf and picked them up for me! He even had Ana looking in the DFW area for them. I love them and while I am nervous to use them because I worry I will break them, they will also look great sitting on my counter for years to come. Atticus also made me a birthday cake from blocks that evening, which was so sweet and fun! It was a great day!

Ana and Charley arrived late that night and we all got up to workout the next morning. The boys went for a run and Ana and I went to Piranha (zumba) with our friend Katherine. We ate lunch at Boston's Gourmet Pizza and then we handed off our children to Ana and Charley and they practiced parenting for a few hours. Vic and I got to go to the MOVIE to see American Hustle. Ana and Charley had told us a couple months back that they wanted to come so we could go to a movie and then they wanted to cook dinner for us. This was a big deal, because prior to 2014, we hadn't seen a movie together since September 2010. Kids will do that to you! So, we went to the movie, kid-free, and really enjoyed it. It is a con-man movie with a surprise ending and was good all the way through. Plus, each and every year, we always want to try to see some of the Oscar nominated movies so we can enjoy the awards season more. And this one was on the list!

After the movie, we headed home to have dinner with Ana, Charley and our friends Chris and Katherine. It was just a really fun night. Ana cooked this amazing Balsamic Chicken and made this delicious chocolate cake and a Butterfinger pie for Vic. Apparently, Atticus helped make the Butterfinger pie and asked for lots of Butterfinger bites along the way. Katherine brought these delicious asparagus wraps with a brown sugar glaze. YUM. Lots of delicious food and wine and after kids were in bed, we played Fish Bowl outside (like charades). It was just so much fun! I still can't really thank those 4 enough for giving Vic and I such a fun birthday weekend (we celebrated Vic's too).

Although Ana and Charley had to leave super early the next morning to get back to Dallas before a new ice storm hit (it was 80 degrees on Friday and got down to 22 by Sunday), we were really glad they came. So, 31 is starting out to be a really good year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment