Saturday, May 7, 2016

Baby Shower for us and Pop!

I wanted to write a quick post on the baby shower that our friends from church threw for us! Our "Mama's Night" group and "Guy's Night" groups have the best people in them and we have gotten to be great friends with all of them. In the last year, 3 of us have had and it is always fun to celebrate the new babies. So, this time, Mindy, Cady & Jamie hosted a shower for us at Jamie & Eric's house. It was on April 10th at 4:00 pm. In attendance were The Roll/Ham family, the Souths, The Auckerman/Ernstes family, Katerina, the Scarmardos, the Langfords, the Rogers, and the Williams family. I can't tell you how much fun it was! There was super delicious food, precious and special gifts, wonderful people...and a bounce house and playhouse for the kids!! Laura even gave Atticus and Grace gifts; a star wars bubble maker for Atticus and a baby doll for Grace! I only have a few pictures, but it was such a fun way to celebrate Everly getting ready to arrive...although we had no idea our baby would come only 4 days later! OH! And these fabulous people also setup a meal schedule - we have gotten the most delicious meals and they are still coming!!

I also want to add in that Pop was shocked and surprised with a shower back in April as well. The day we delivered, he went to work like normal that evening and when he arrived, there was a table full of gifts and a cake and people so happy to throw a Grandpa shower! He said you could have knocked him over with a feather! I know he was truly shocked. He couldn't believe everyone would do that, but when you work with or care for someone as great as Pop, it doesn't surprise me that they would do something so nice. There were so many gift from gift cards to diapers to outfits to some really nice items that I wouldn't even buy for myself! He sent it all down to us when Mom came to see Everly and it has been fun storing it away and using the stuff we already need. What a wonderful gesture and thing to do from the Denton County Jail's Night Shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment