Grace is really into best friends these days. If you ask her who her friends are, she will tell you from preschool. There is Hallie, Emily, Ryder, Crosby, Taylor (who she always says is grumpy) and her teachers Mrs. Thuh-Thuh (Elizabeth) and Mrs. Sumar. She will tell you that she and I are best friends and Atticus and Daddy are best friends. Vic said when I was gone scrap booking one weekend, that she would tell him he was her best friend, but as soon as I got back, he was reassigned to only Atticus's best friend again. I will ask her who other people's best friends are. She will match up any couple that is married and then for Melbo, Pa and GG, she must count them as one group, because they are all best friends. And sometimes she will add Bubba the cat into their group or pair him off with one of them as well. And honestly, there is NOTHING better than her wrapping her little arms around my neck and telling me I'm her "best fiend". And many times, when she talks to someone about Atticus, she will tell them he is "my fiend Atticus" and just recently has started calling him her "bwudder".
I've mentioned before that Grace is really into imaginative play with all of her princesses, Lion Guard, ponies and any other toys. Well, she is also really into pretending to be someone else. Most recently, she will come to me and with this little excited, shy grin, she will say "Mama, you be Mrs. Sumar and I'll be Hallie" and then we will play. We will play with her toys or preschool but if I mess up and call her Grace, she will quickly correct me and say "No, I not Gwace, I Hallie". She will act a little different and sometimes use a little different voice to show she is pretending. One night, she even had Atticus be Crosby. It's the cutest. She will do the same with her princesses. She will have me be Rapunzel and her be Jasmine or whatever. It's so cute!
Some of Grace's other recent phrases, as she talks all the time now, are:
"Mama, Check Diss Out!"
"Oh! Dat a good idea!"
"Oh! Dat's so sweet!"
"Good luck!"
"I not know my magic words" when she is saying something that I just can't figure out and I keep asking. She will get so upset and then tell me that phrase. I don't know where the "magic" part came in?
"Oh yeah!" when she agrees to something.
"Good job Dad!"
"Goodbye!" after you put her on the potty. She needs you to put her up there but then she happily sends you away.
"Be careful!" to whoever she thinks might be in danger.
Recently, she started this "a little more, a little more" when you are doing something for her or getting her something. She is very encouraging, I guess.
"Mama! Look at this trick!" and does something silly.
She also loves to play "I Pie" (I spy) at any given moment. She loves Simon Says and her favorite thing to be told to do is jump rope. And she likes to tell Knock Knock jokes but doesn't understand how to do them at all!
Right now, Grace cannot say "You" and "Y's" come out as "W's". So she will say things like "Woos play with me" instead of "You play with me" or "I need Woos" and it's so cute!
She also likes to match her bows. I tried to teach her this recently and was shocked when it stuck. So, when it's time to pick one out, she will tell me "that bow match me" or if it doesn't.
At nighttime, Atticus still tells us he hopes we dream about dinosaurs doing something each night and we think of something for him to dream about in return.Well, I think I've said before that Grace fell right into that routine and included herself in telling what she wanted Atticus to dream about and waiting for him to tell her.She always talks about princesses, ponies and pooping on the potty (her daily life right now). A couple weeks ago, she decided she was too tired one night and when Atticus would ask her over and over what she wanted him to dream about, she would pretend to snore and not say anything. I lay there in bed with her until she falls asleep each night, so I told him she was sleeping and couldn't tell him. Then, a minute later, she pipes up and tells him. Well, this has continued each night. She doesn't want to do it on his command, but she will do it when she is ready. What a stinker! Then, about a week ago, she changed it and instead of telling him anything or pretending to snore, she just says "My Knees Hurt" when he asks her and that is her excuse as to why she cannot tell him what to dream about. She did scrape her knees up a couple weeks ago too and they did hurt for a couple of days and she would tell us, but that is her excuse? She is a rascal.
That's probably it for now, but she is just too funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment