Okay, so I told you that we were having a little reunion of my good girlfriends this weekend. And, to confirm....it was as fun as I expected! We began the evening at Casa Ole. Casa Ole was the place we went most in college after work for their $1.00 (or was it $1.50) margaritas. It is located right behind the Wells Fargo Building where we worked and was super convenient! So, at 4:00, Darcee, Lauren and I met and then in a little while came Taylor and Katerina. We were there until about 8:00 catching up and drinking what else but....margaritas! (below is Katerina, Darcee, Lauren, Taylor and myself!)

Then we headed to Northgate for a quick drink and to see Lauren's little brother, Will. We must be getting old (or actually we were just exhausted) because most of us left about 10:00 and headed to my house. After a tour, we opened a bottle of wine, visited a little while longer with some other friends and hit the sack! This is some of us at Northgate (me, Lauren, Taylor, Darcee):


The next morning after some breakfast and girl talk, we headed to Freebirds for lunch and then onto campus for some tailgating and the football game against UAB!

Once we got to campus, we headed straight to the new giant "Aggie Ring" that has been displayed at the Association of Former Students. It really is impressive and of course, we had to take some pictures in front of it.



We headed onto the rest of campus where all the tailgates were being held. Lauren's parents come for all of the games, as her brother, Will, is in the Cavalry. They are also big-time Aggies and from what I saw, had a great tailgate with lots of great food with other Cav families. Vic and I also stopped by the Lee Adams tailgate. The Cummings family invited us and even gave us 2 tickets that happened to be right next to them. Darcee and I took them up on the tickets right away! The football game was lots of fun; nice and cool and plenty to watch. Fortunately, A&M beat the hell outta UAB 56-19! Whoop!

I can never resist capturing the Aggie Band on film, since they are so impressive. I love the football games and the band and the War Hymn and Spirit of Aggieland and everything else that comes with these exciting days! Thank you to Debbie and Scott for giving us such great tickets! Here is a picture of Darcee and I on the field after the game. How fun are we?

After a really fun weekend, everyone went back home to their jobs and families. But, I am already happy for the next time we get to see everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment