Day 2 has looked like this (and please keep in mind that this is still gross, but I am trying to look for patterns here and figuring out what is working when; so I apologize again for the gross bathroom references over and over and over):
6:30 - Even though I set my alarm to get up before him, he beat me and I found him in his usual spot, at our doorway, dozing on the floor. I woke him to find him very wet and we went to sit on the potty. He tee-teed some more. The good news is that his bed was not wet at all! So, he must have had the accident after he woke up. We got his hands washed and put on new underwear. Then, I headed out the door for a morning walk.
7:20 - While I was walking, Vic said he asked to go tee-tee and poop. So, they sat on the potty and he tee-teed. Yay! I'm assuming hands were washed.
8:00 - Breakfast and one juice box.
8:30 - Sat on potty and tee-teed. Washed hands.
9:15 - Had an accident; put him back on potty and he tee-teed and pooped! Washed hands. Got another potty treat. Another pair of underwear down.
11:40 - I put him on the potty and he tee-teed. Hands washed.
12:15 - I could tell he was trying to poop while we played. I rushed him to the potty to find he'd had a tee-tee accident and had partially pooped. Yuck. But, I sat him on the potty and he pooped again. He was very proud! Although he did fail in the area of telling me he needed to go to the potty. Sigh. Hands washed and potty treat.
1:00 - I put him on the potty before naptime and he tee-teed. Hands washed.
1:05 - As I put him back into bed for his nap, he assured me he needed to poop. I am pretty sure he was just looking for an excuse to not nap, but I took him anyways. Nothing happened. Hands washed. Back to bed.
1:20 - Asleep.
3:40 - He woke up, so I rushed into his room to get him to the potty. He was dry, but not really awake yet and just cried and cried and cried and wouldn't sit on the potty. I was so irritated with myself because I knew I just got to him too soon. But, he eventually calmed down and was still dry, but kept telling me he didn't need to potty. So, we went outside to play and it wasn't until 5:30 that I asked him and he finally said "yes" he needed to potty. Sure enough, he did. Hands washed and potty treat.
6:00 - I had to run out for a quick errand when Vic got home. I think Atticus went to the potty twice while I was gone, but listen to this! He told Vic both time when he needed to go. Now, why won't he do that with me? Atticus had a bath and then right before he went to bed, he had an accident. But, in bed about 9 and hoping for a good night!
Things I've realized today:
1. He doesn't always remember to ask for a potty treat which is good because maybe that will not be expected forever. But, for now when he does, he gets three chocolate covered raisins and if he poops, he gets a Peeps Ghost Marshmallow. I may need to go stock up on a few of those before Halloween ends. He loves them.
2. He is still not telling me he needs to potty. I don't think he cares that he is sitting in wet underwear.
3. He is very messy when sitting to tee-tee. But, this is step one. We tried standing yesterday, but he doesn't want to stand there for long. And since I currently have him on the big potty with the little lid, then he can't go anywhere without me helping him get down. If I can just get him to first tell me he needs to go potty, then we'll attempt the cheerio trick and peeing outside trick to teach him to tee-tee standing up.
4. And, finally I think I am realizing that this 3 day attempt was good, but I'm probably going to have to extend it for a few weeks.....
it sounds like it's going well! he is a smart little boy and he will learn. way to go! soon these will all be distant memories!
ReplyDelete