This past week, we had a visit from Mary & Taylor! Aka Mainee and Unc Tay Tay (in Atticus' words). They are in the process of a move from New Jersey to Kansas for Taylor to take a new job, and in the meantime are making visits to Texas. I cannot tell you enough how much fun we had. In Mary's words, it was fun to just "do life" with them. They arrived last Thursday night in their own private plane (actually Uncle Bobby's plane, but Taylor has his license) and from then one did a number of things including: shrimp boil, Wings n More, lunch at Cady & David's, shopping in downtown Bryan and purchasing ridiculously expensive but adorable baby boutique items, lunch at The Proudest Monkey with a custom burger order by Taylor that had at least 15 special ingredients, pool time with Atticus and Grace, park time, a water leak in the bathroom that turned out to be leaking condensation from the air conditioner, watching Silver Linings Playbook (something Vic and I never get to do...watch movies), having friends Katerina, Katie, and Kirsten over, Fuzzy's tacos, an entertaining lawn mower service center story from Vic and Taylor involving Vic's lemon of a lawn mower that Sears refuses to refund his money for, ranting's by Taylor to UPS and Taylor's medical supply company regarding a purchase, lots of laughs and giggles by the kids, many long-winded dinner prayers by Atticus, lots of giggles by Grace, Atticus' weary but fun visit to the airplane and tons of fun for Vic and myself. While that may be the longest sentence I've written, it does give you a quick synopsis of our 6 day visit and we loved every second of it.
I should also tell you that I am so excited because Mary, who now runs Mary Verett Photography, took lots of pictures of the kids while they were here. And let me just tell you. They are beautiful. She did a wonderful job and I can't wait to share them when I get them. They make my heart happy. In the meantime, here are a few quick pics with my not-so-professional photography skills. We miss those two crazy kids already!
No comments:
Post a Comment