Let's talk about Grace. A Mama's Girl. In the past month, she has become most happy when in my arms as opposed to anyone else's. This is not to say she won't let anyone else hold her, but if she sees me or hears me, while in someone else's arms, it is likely she will start fussing. As soon as I take her, she gets this little look on her face as if to say "I win; I'm back with Mama". While I do love this little bond, I also want her to let others love on her as well!
This past weekend, during Jill's wedding, was no different. She needed me constantly. I caught a couple of breaks though; she let a friend, Mary, take her during the rehearsal dinner for probably 30 minutes! And during the wedding, my friend Cassie held her for me so I could take care of getting Atticus down the aisle, through the ceremony, and back down the aisle (he was the ring bearer). Cassie was prepared to take her out if she started to scream, but she did great! Cassie said when Vic walked in to go down the aisle, she just laughed at him. So, she knows who her daddy is!
During the reception, I had many people who would want to hold her and sometimes it worked great and sometimes she just wasn't interested. But, there were such good, kind friends and family at the wedding that didn't mind taking her occasionally so I could dance with Atticus or try to drink a beer (I think I started 3 and barely got halfway through each one before needing to take her back) or give my arms a break (carrying 15 lbs of sleeping baby gets heavy!). But, she is just too sweet sometimes. As spoiled as she may seem when she stops crying as soon as she gets her way, she is just very used to being with me 24/7. Atticus, at this time, was already in daycare with many teachers. But, Grace will not live that lifestyle. So, although she may have been slightly traumatized at the loud music, many people, and confusing schedule of the wedding, she did great...especially in Mama's arms. And, at least I can make her happy when she needs me. That is a wonderful feeling! Hmmm. I love her so much!
i so love this picture and i love that she is a mama's girl! i was a mama's girl too :)
ReplyDelete