Monday, December 3, 2018

Hazel is 4 months old!

At 4 months old, here is what Hazel is up to!
  • She weighs 12 lbs. 15 oz. (21st %) and is 24 inches long (28th%)
  • She is in size 2 diapers.
  • She is in 3-6 month clothes.
  • She is sleeping through the night, if she is in her rock 'n play and swaddled up tight. But, I really need to get her out of the rock 'n play! And, she still surprises me with waking sometimes for a snack. We definitely do not have a schedule!
  • She finished up her first cold, with antibiotics. Hopefully we can keep her well for awhile!
  • She is still snuggly, but still following her routine of being nursed, walked, swaddled and then once asleep, I can rock her as long as I want. 
  • She still loves her baths and it is one of the more special times for me, if we are alone, to just look at her sweet little skin and talk to her and watch her look at me and look at us in the mirror. Other times, thought still sweet, baths include her siblings wanting to help bathe her too. Everly is the funniest though: she gets a stool and just wants to talk to her!
  • She still does not like a paci.
  • She does not like a bottle; although it might be the taste of formula she doesn't like. But, I have not pumped in a couple of months so I should probably try that if I want her to take a bottle. Mostly, I don't mind that we are 100% nursing though. 
  • I have not had any more pain nursing. And, I love to nurse. Everyone has their stage they love and while there are sweet spots in every stage, I just love the sweet nursing stage. It just warms my heart so much to look down and see my sweet, warm baby happily nursing away. Oh my heart!
  • She loves to hang out in her rocker. And she has just started to kick the toys that hang above it!
  • She LOVES her hands and there is nothing cuter than watching her find them and get them into her mouth to chew on them. She is also in that stage now, where she wants to have my fingers or knuckles in her mouth to chew on. I know it is gross and there is lots of drool, but I think it is the sweetest thing! But, fingers are her life!
  • She does not love tummy time, but will hang out on her back for a little while.
  • I can prop her up better, lately, for photos, but she still crashes to the side of the chair after a little while.
  • She is starting to hang out in her bumbo, but doesn't hold herself up great. And when she's in it, she really just wants to find those fingers again.
  • Everly likes to tell me "Hazel SO CUTE-EE!" over and over.
  • In fact, the kids all love her and she loves them! She will smile when they are talking to her.
  • She is pretty quite and doesn't make much noise. She just kicks and smiles when she is the happiest.
  • Also, I can't get enough of her baby neck. I kiss it all the time and usually, that is what will give her tiny giggles, if she gives any at all. In return, she will gum my face - like open her mouth as wide as possible and go after my chin or cheek and it's the sweetest! I call it her giving me kisses! But, it's slimy and drool-y and I love it! 
  • This past month, Hazel attended her first Thanksgiving in Sanger and accompanied Vic and I on our 11th anniversary trip.
  • Hazel has also hit a "stranger danger" stage and does not love for others to hold her and love on her. She will for a little bit, but then wants her mama back.
  • She is just leaving that tiny baby stage more and more everyday and it makes me so sad, but we are looking forward to all of the new things she will be doing soon!
How am I doing?

I am doing good! I am not getting much sleep, but that is not uncommon with a newborn. And, it's hard to find any kind of routine or schedule when we are working around everyone else's schedules. This was the same situation we were in with Everly, so I'm hoping Hazel will learn to be easy and flexible just like Everly has been. Also, with her first cold, it took us away from any kind of sleep training. So, mostly for me, it's the ups and downs of no sleep that makes things the hardest. But, I feel like I am doing good otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment