Since we brought Grace home, Atticus' view of her has changed every day. At first, while he was very interested in her, he really wanted to reach in the bassinet or reach to where she was and touch her or put his toys (such as the very hard plastic lion king) in her bassinet. He just doesn't quite understand how gentle you have to be. But, over the course of these last few days, he is getting use to "djrace". That is the best way I can type the pronunciation. Now, he knows which blanket and pacifier are hers and if he sees them somewhere, he will immediately bring them to you. Also, each night, during our sing/pray/kiss/hug routine we do with Atticus, we have tried to do it as a family with her in the room with us. The first night, he wanted to push her out of the room. The next night, he wanted her in the room. The next night, he not only went out to find her and want her in the room, but he gave her hugs and kisses. It was just too sweet.
Also, aunt Ana sent the CUTEST t-shirt for Atticus to wear. I wanted it worn the first time for a special occasion, so he wore it his first day back to school. See some pictures below.
Awww, I love these sweet stories and pictures! I'm so glad he is adjusting so well!
ReplyDelete