If you remember last year's first Christmas Program for Atticus, you may remember his performance starting out strong and ending up by laying on the floor of the altar, too tired to keep going. This year was really no different. This year, he dressed up as a donkey and while he did a good job of singing songs that he knew and standing when he was supposed to stand and taking his letter up to the altar during his turn, he still got a little tired standing there, once his duties were over. So, not long into it, he was sitting, laying, turned around, etc. during the rest of the program. I can't even really explain it, but you will have to see the pictures below. And, while I'm glad he is comfortable, I really want him to be more respectful and realize how he should behave. But, when everyone laughs and comes up to say "it's so cute", it's a little easier to be ok with it....at this age. Also, while this year I was more relaxed about it, next year, I won't allow that - to the extent I can! It's amazing how little control you have, regardless of reminders, threats, etc. during children's sermons, or programs when they are up front by themselves. Of course, next year, Atticus and Grace could both be in the Christmas Program, so I will really have my hands full!
Before I get to pictures, I will just say that poor little Grace got sick again this year during that weekend. Last year, it included a stomach bug, but this year, it was mostly just fever and cold. I was glad she lasted until Sunday to get sick so she could have fun with Grandma and Pop, but she and Vic barely made it through the program, at the back, and headed home while Grandma, Pop, Atticus and I stayed for the potluck lunch and auction. It was a really relaxing, fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment