Thursday, December 10, 2015

Things that have made me laugh this month

This is their conversation this month...
Atticus: "Gwace Seidel! Go to your room! Or you will be a big spanking!"
Grace: "Cus Sida! Go woo! Get big panking!"

Snuggling on the couch. I love when Atticus asks me to do this.

Both Atticus and Grace have sung Christmas songs all month. Atticus will just be singing them as he plays with his toys. Grace will break out into song as well which is pretty impressive since she wasn't even saying anything 8 months ago! Mostly, they sing Rudolph, Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman, and Deck the Halls. Some of the words get changed and my current favorite is Atticus' version of Jingle Bells which is all correct except this one little part..."Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way; Hustlin Fine it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh!"

They both love Santa, but Grace loves Santa about a year earlier than Atticus did. She will say "Santa Cause!" every time she sees a picture or a yard decoration. She does the same with when she sees "Fosty!" and "Wudoff! Wed Nose!" and "Moe Wights Mom!"

Atticus loves to look at presents under the tree, and this year, when I finally put some out with his name on them, he was excited. But, of course, he would ask me what was in them. So, one time I told him one was underwear. And another was soap. Well, expecting him to complain, he said "Oh thanks mom! I love underwear and soap!" and every time he looks under there, he will tell me he is so happy he is getting underwear and soap. He is trying to be grateful because I've tried to explain to him that it's not all about the toys. He's growing up so much! Oh and it is fun to see him figure out whose present is for who based on the letters he has been so into learning. He knows anything with his name on it and can also pick out Grace's sometimes.

They are both really into a few Christmas movies - mostly cartoons. They ask for Mickey Christmas everyday and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Earlier this month, they wanted Frosty the Snowman every night.

I love asking Atticus what Christmas is about - he always says "giving". And even Grace will say it's Baby Jaze Birthday when you ask her.

Atticus is also really showing his age these days and little things that make me realize he is growing up. He will do some things and be so proud of them....like today, at Chick-Fil-A, he went up to exchange the kids meal books for his and Grace's ice cream. He has done this before. But, he was still so proud and then got their spoons. And he put his little placemat down and opened his own ranch packet. I know these are tiny things, but sometimes it is the littlest things that I've totally missed him learning that seem to be a big deal. He is always in charge of plugging in all of our Christmas lights around the house. He is also our dust buster guy. And this week...he started taking showers all by himself. I'm sure the fun bathtimes are not over, but I was still surprised. He's already a great big brother to Grace, but he's going to be a great big brother to this new baby too!

I have also loved how much Grace knows that "Santa Cause" is at the "No Poh" to "make us toys!" and that when I ask her what she should buy Atticus for Christmas, she tells me a truck everytime. On the other hand, when I ask Atticus what he should buy Grace, he says "baby dolls and ballet slippers". I just had to jot some of these things down....we all know my terrible memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment